Monday, February 28, 2011

Working on my Novel

I didn't write here or on my novel yesterday. Sundays are family days and hard to get any peace indoors. I long for that wonderful place the writers retreat even a shed down the garden. I did find on eBay a stripped out and relined caravan  it would certainly beat a garden shed so watching that.

This morning at Open mike on book island in Second Life a hot little Chicky (name withheld)  put her current book into the mix and had chapter 2 read out for us, I think she was to nervous to read it her self. She claimed her writing was poor. We all agreed we were never going to believe her again the story was rich and detailed and I found empathy almost at once with her main character, which is a very good stat of affairs as it makes you care what happens to the character.

Today I re-wrote the start of my first novel. Its moved so far from what the first concept was the start just didn't fit anymore and while I am told you don't rewrite until you finish the complete rough draft it was just to far off what the story had become and contradicted the main story in several ways.

So deleted 53 words and added 781 and everything fits now and its still a first draft but is coherent now.

Thats it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment